Friday, March 4, 2011

If I Die Tonight!

I live my life like its all i have,
I am sorry it is,
I drink the hours like none is coming next,
but more crates appear,
I work the work now hoping to relax someday,
but that day has never come,
yet i know time waits for no one to undo what you earlier did.

If i die tonight, would i smile to my grave
or weep with the lot of how wasted i am become?
If i died tonight, would my epitaph read the truth
and throngs, flock my bed - nay he can't be gone?
If i should die tonight, would my work speak for me,
or some folks discover my unpublished works
and my pride becomes post humous?

If i die tonight, I want to gladly laugh at them that cry,
oh! what folly, I step to a greater realm,
where death is defeated.

I sure wont die tonight,
for there are more grounds to cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment